Director of Logistics, Inventory and Purchasing
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2022
ButterflyMX is a rapidly growing proptech startup that makes property access simple for owners, staff, residents, and visitors. Our solutions are relied upon by more than 10,000 multifamily, commercial, student housing, and gated communities worldwide, including those developed, owned and managed by the most trusted names in real estate.
Fantastic people are the key to our success. As a distributed, primarily remote workforce, we’re looking for more intelligent, passionate, collaborative, and down-to-earth individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is transparent and flexible; our benefits range from a 401(k) match to quarterly stipends for self-care. While we work incredibly hard to improve the experience of everyone who lives, works, and visits our communities, we always have time for a good laugh.
We are looking for a Director of Logistics, Inventory and Purchasing to lead all aspects of our hardware procurement, fulfillment and maintenance. This role will report to the Vice President of Hardware Engineering.
- Own all aspects of our physical inventory, including component and finished goods planning and purchasing, receipt, inventory storage, customer fulfillment, returns and repairs, and low-volume manufacturing assembly across two vendor warehouses and an in-house warehouse facility.
- Inventory Control
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that we have sufficient inventory never to stock out while minimizing inventory carrying costs across all products.
- Accountable for control of inventory across all warehouses, ensuring complete and accurate traceability of all inventory from receipt to shipping
- Responsible for ensuring that all raw materials, finished products, and other items are purchased and received promptly
- Responsible for managing effective warranty repairs and warranty cost management
- Developing and continually updating and improving a system to reliably track hardware product in-warranty and out-of-warranty status
- Accountable for tracking and measurement of BMX warranty exposure on all hardware products and appropriate cost models
- Responsible for working with finance to ensure adequate warranty reserve funding
- Ensure sufficient repair parts and skilled personnel are available to ensure successful in-warranty repairs
- Continuously evaluate and optimize our fulfillment and reverse logistics strategies, including assessing multiple carriers and delivery methods, 3PL options, etc.
- 8+ years leading manufacturing, operations, or similar fields
- Significant experience leading multiple warehouse operations
- Fluent in international shipping of electronic products, including new product customs requirements, returns, and repairs
- Experience with ERP/MRP system setup and operations maintenance, including item masters, BOMs, work orders, shipping, receiving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in fast-paced, collaborative product development environments
About Our Benefits
· Comprehensive Medical (ButterflyMX covers 90% of the cost) starting day 1
· Dental, and Vision plans (ButterflyMX covers 100% of the cost) starting day 1
· 401(k) plan with a match
· 13 paid holidays and 25 days of PTO
· Paid Family Leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Quarterly self-care stipends
· HealthAdvocacy Program
· Access to optional benefits including pre-tax flexible healthcare spending accounts (FSA and HSA), Dependent Care FSA, and Commuter Benefits, as well as optional Supplemental Life, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet, and Personal Liability Insurance
· Collaborative, dynamic work environment filled with kind, intelligent people, who are working hard on an industry-defining product
ButterflyMX is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have the authorization to work in the US to become an employee. Please let our recruiting team know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process.
#LI-SURF #orangecounty #lakeforrest #saas #proptech #butterflymx #LI-Onsite
See more open positions at ButterflyMX
Something looks off?