Director of Engineering
Connatix Holdings Inc
Connatix, the most advanced video platform for publishers, powers the video advertising businesses of the largest media companies in the world including CBS, Time Inc, and Tribune Media. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago- USA, Tel Aviv- Israel, London - UK, and Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering for our development center.
- Leads multiple teams (through Engineering Managers)
- Have 2-3 Direct Reports
- Leads a function/product/ technical area
- Defines a strategy to:
- constantly improve his area
- support company objectives and business development
- Constantly drives initiatives to execute against their strategy
- Defines a strategy to:
- Technical Recruitment:
- involvement in the recruitment strategy and technical interview process;
- help align technical interviewers, facilitate their preparation for handling technical discussions, and make sure they have the knowledge and skills for this.
- Ensures technical alignment for tech interviews so that it is valid for candidates on the same technology.
- Performance Management Process - Technical Part
- Together with HR elaborate grades and technical evaluation forms to better identify the technical expertise of employees (and candidates in the selection process).
- Technical Development Programs:
- Define and plan the technical growth and development in their technical areas
- Define the strategy of technical development for their teams:
- mentorship programs,
- learning & development programs,
- Knowledge-sharing sessions & technical growth
- Ensures that his function/product/technology area delivers consistently
- Functions as an escalation path for Engineering Manager/his team/function - in helping them optimize work-flows (and removing obstacles)
- Act as a Brand/Company ambassador:
- participating in Tech events, promoting Connatix culture,
- technical/company presentation (writing articles, participating in events)
Skills We’re Excited About:
- BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related experience.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of software engineering experience, and 5+ years in a senior leadership position
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading large organizations (50 + team members desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in working in Product Companies, with product development and engineering in a distributed and “ecosystem” based environment applications must work cohesively and in unison to bring world-class experience to customers
- Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, and operating systems, with the ability to communicate with the executive leadership team in strategic discussions
- Experience with recruiting, managing, and empowering teams to deliver and operate best-in-class products and services
- Experience managing teams in a matrix organization model
- Excellent English in written, verbal, and presentation language skills including the ability to interact at various levels of the organization from the CEO to individual contributors
- Self-motivated, flexible, and experienced in dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to identify project risks and mitigate to resolution
Life is short. Work someplace great!
Connatix offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of native video and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what interactive media is going to look like five years from now?
Something looks off?