HR Operations Director
Connatix is a next-generation video platform for publishers. We believe in the power of the experience and aim to help publishers do more with their content by delivering quality videos at scale. With multiple ways to monetize and a focus on the experience, publishers can benefit from video advertising without compromise. Connatix has built an extensive independent syndication network for distribution to expand its reach. With highly immersive, first-to-market video formats, Connatix is creating a new generation of content experiences that are optimized for publisher success.
Connatix works with over 3,000 publishers worldwide and, in 2018, was ranked #2 in the comScore video matrix. Founded in 2014, the company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Tel Aviv, London and Cluj-Napoca, Romania. At the heart of Connatix’s technology is our people. We’re a group of innovators, disruptors, techies, and storytellers. There's an electric energy for our products, roadmap, and vision that motivates and truly inspires across offices. Having a great place to work is important! Our offices were designed to foster a creative, collaborative, and open energy. At Connatix, we don't hire candidates - we hire team players. We hire innovators. We hire creators. Sound like you?
Connatix seeks an execution-oriented Director of HR Operations to serve as a strategic partner/advisor to the SVP of Global HR and Leadership and help push the organization to new heights. Connatix is poised for its next evolution phase, and the Director of HR Operations will help drive improved performance across the firm. This individual will engage closely as part of the HR Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to enhance operational efficiency and professionalism, align talent and business strategy, and enable and equip the Connatix workforce to serve clients best.
This position will directly impact the organization's current and future strategy/culture. Reporting directly to the SVP of Global HR, this executive will partner with the SVP and other leaders to outline the core priorities and plan for creating the appropriate organizational structure, top-grading/placing talent across the firm, and streamlining performance management and rewards/recognition.
Overall, this role will be charged with creating an agile HR infrastructure/operations strategy that keeps pace with the Connatix business's growth while maintaining a positive employee experience and functioning as an HRBP to the SVP level. Further, this leader will adopt a “player-coach” mentality and play a leading role in transforming business outcomes, sustaining the culture, and live Connatix’s shared vision and values. This role will oversee all aspects of the HR Operations with shared HRBP functions with the HR Global SVP.
- Manage recruiting operations and oversee new employee onboarding, performance management, and training programs for setting up, integrating, and running those systems and software.
- Ensure that the company adheres to all appropriate labor laws and regulations, maintain knowledge of current regulations and the potential impact on the firm.
- Manage day-to-day HR operations and resources within our Sequoia PEO.
- Partner with finance on all budgets for HR Operations (and HR Software), working with the CFO and Finance team to meet budget targets and improve cost-effectiveness.
- Head continuous improvement of all HR operational processes and manage a centralized repository of processes. Improve processes to minimize complexities and promote effective operations.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to managers and employees, providing guidance on HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, performance improvement, and disciplinary actions.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work culture by developing and implementing employee engagement initiatives, diversity and inclusion programs, and recognition programs.
- Establish consistent standards of performance and efficiency around all core talent operations processes, including, but not limited to, Offer letters and employment agreements, benefits administration, background checks, onboarding, payroll administration and tax documentation, visas and work permits, standard employment policies, promotions, merit cycles, employee leave (e.g. parental leave, medical leave) off-boarding, and termination agreements.
- Previous people and HR operations experience in a fast-paced environment a must.
- You can build rapport quickly and establish and maintain productive, trust-based relationships with employees and leadership.
- You can stay objective and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- You thrive in researching information and analyzing data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- You can work independently and as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can organize and prioritize while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism.