Staff Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Dragonfly is a consumer products brand building company. We acquire and launch distinctive brands that increase trust, value, and selection for consumers. Since our founding in 2019, we have built a world class operating platform - powered by bespoke technology and thoughtfully designed processes - to bring brands to their full potential. We drive organic growth by bringing hundreds of new products to market each year, by building strong communities around our brands, and by extending our catalog into new channels. Our leadership team has decades of e-commerce operating experience, and we are backed by leading consumer private equity firm L Catterton. We have raised more than $500M in equity and debt to pursue our vision.
As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the financial records of the company.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will post and reconcile banking transactions.
- You will assist in month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- You will research and resolve purchase order discrepancies and issues
- You will code and reconcile monthly credit card statement
- You will review accounts payable expenses to ensure proper coding/accounts
- You will provide supporting documentation for audits
- You will assist in payroll process for the branch level employees
- You will review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills across all platforms
- Strong project management and organizational acuity
- A knack for analyzing data and coming to logical conclusions
- Proficiency in collaborative software such as Google Suite, Slack, Asana and MS office (especially Excel)
- Solid understanding of GAAP and standard accounting procedures
Dragonfly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or genetic information.