Legal Admin and Operations Support Specialist
Customer Service, Legal, Operations
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
The Legal Admin and Operations Support Specialist is charged with improving and developing the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools and supporting the Legal team in the performance of functional and cross-functional tasks. Are you an organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, tech-savvy, quick learner who is interested in legal issues and ready to take on all that comes with a fast-paced, growing business? If so, this role is for you.
You will work closely with the Grove Collaborative Legal team, third-party vendors, and employees at all levels and across all functions. Your objective is to support an effective and efficient Legal team in the administration of the team’s duties, including contract management and review, state entity registrations, intellectual property portfolio management, corporate governance, public company financial reporting, and corporate insurance administration. You will also help increase efficiencies and cost-savings across the Legal team and enterprise through technology and process improvement, including legal billing practices.
The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the business and be willing to take on tasks with varying complexity and increasing responsibility. A high level of competence, integrity, discretion and professionalism is key. This position provides ample opportunity for mentoring and growth for a roll-up-your-sleeves enthusiast.
About the Job
- Manage information governance and knowledge management for the Legal team
- Ensure that all Legal team records are stored in secure, organized file systems to support shared knowledge and compliant record-keeping
- Support implementation of document retention and destruction policy and legal hold process
- Create and implement protocols for sharing legal information
- Manage the Company’s contract review Jira ticketing system, including assessment and assignment of contract review requests
- Manage the Company’s AI-based contract repository—including document processing, electronic signatures, electronic filing, scanning, and light data processing—ensuring all contracts are properly tracked, executed, and filed in the repository
- Be the primary point of contact to internal clients to answer routine questions regarding the legal support and contract processes, and triage incoming requests
- Research and implement new tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal
- Manage the Legal team internal website: upload new templates, training, forms, and guides and help create new content to support the legal support process and provide opportunities for self-service
- Manage vendor relationships for the Legal team’s technology platform
- Manage legal billing, including enforcement of outside counsel guidelines, audit of legal invoices, and potential process improvements
- Maintain corporate records and minute books; assist with drafting minutes
- Assist with maintaining corporate calendar and tracking regulatory deadlines
- Support the preparation and submission of the Company’s public regulatory filings
- Manage state registrations and annual reports, including information gathering, reporting, and record-keeping
- Assist with the preparation of board materials and managing board meetings
- Assist with managing the corporate insurance portfolio, including purchases and renewals and claims information
- Assist with managing the intellectual property portfolio, including tracking deadlines and submissions
- Support responses to data requests, subpoenas, or other document requests in relation to litigation, government inquiries, or other areas
- Assist in the monitoring and enforcement of Legal policies and procedures
- Tackle special research projects and other duties as requested by members of the Grove Legal team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, paralegal certificate or equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years of relevant, progressively complex experience
- Experience organizing and maintaining legal files, contracts or corporate records
- Experience implementing new technology and processes
- Experience working with a wide range of business contract templates and tools
- Preference for candidates with the following: familiarity with legal technology, including contract systems, etc., familiarity with common contracts used for procuring products and services, prior experience with an in-house legal department, prior work at a technology-focused company preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solution-oriented problem solver who provides proactive and creative solutions and strategies in response to internal clients’ needs
- Strong computer skills including legal technology, database software and proficiency with productivity software including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations, electronic signature and cloud storage software
- Computer research and investigation skills, including familiarity with online research tools and databases
- Ability to interpret legal language and requirements to communicate in an understandable fashion with non-lawyers
- You are careful and responsible; you pay meticulous attention to detail; have strong proofreading skills and you produce high quality work product
- You are adaptable, and will flourish in a fluid, constantly iterative environment; ability to multitask, efficiently juggle competing priorities and work well under pressure
- You have strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative; you figure out what needs to be done and you get it done with only limited guidance; you are comfortable trading a great deal of autonomy for a high demand, high expectation environment
- You can quickly earn the trust and confidence of colleagues outside of the legal department
- Demonstrated discretion with sensitive information
- You are creative, positive, upbeat, and intellectually-curious
- Your boss at the last job you left told you that you are welcome back anytime You work well collaboratively as part of a small Legal team
What's In It For You
- This full-time, exempt position is remote in one of the 11 states where Grove has established payroll. The budgeted salary range is $90,000 - $120,000. This pay range is based upon the national average and may vary depending on geographical work location.
- Competitive benefits - medical, vision, dental
- Equity - shared success is core to our mission
- Flexible Paid Time Off - we care most about results
- Free VIP membership and 25% employee discount
- Working for a company that believes that a small group of people can change the world for the better by creating products and funds initiatives that help the planet!
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative is transforming consumer products into a positive force for human and environmental good. Driven by the belief that sustainability is the only future, Grove creates and curates more than 150 high-performing eco-friendly brands of household cleaning, health and wellness, personal care, laundry, clean beauty, baby and pet care products serving millions of households across the U.S. each year. With a flexible monthly delivery model and access to knowledgeable Grove Guides, Grove makes it easy for everyone to build sustainable routines.
Every product Grove offers — from its flagship brand of sustainably powerful home care essentials, Grove Co., plastic-free, vegan personal care line, Peach Not Plastic, and zero-waste pet care brand, Good Fur, to its exceptional third-party brands — has been thoroughly vetted against Grove’s strict standards to be beautifully effective, supportive of healthy habits, ethically produced and cruelty-free. Grove is a public benefit corporation on a mission to move Beyond Plastic™ and is available at select retailers nationwide, making sustainable home care products even more accessible. For more information, visit www.grove.com.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.