Vice President of Engineering
About The Role:
This is a foundational role in building a world-class team and technology. We are looking for someone who is capable of building processes from scratch in a truly unique engineering and business climate. You will report directly to the CEO, and be a key voice in developing SUPER73’s strategic roadmap. Navigate a complex environment of stakeholders, extract key insights, and drive product direction.
A self-starter who has great organization, prioritization, communication and decision-making skills. You have exceptional problem solving skills and are a self starter. You are capable of growing, developing and managing an engineering organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and execute a strategic engineering roadmap
- Oversee all aspects of the engineering process, from design to production
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring new products to market quickly and efficiently
- Establish and maintain a culture of innovation and accountability
- Expand and manage a rapidly growing engineering team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of experience as an accomplished engineering executive, with a proven track record of transforming, defining, and executing strategic and innovative initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment.
- Successful experience working in both small and large organizations.
- 15+ years of exceptional technical experience across a variety of engineering areas, including hardware design and/or robotics, electric propulsion systems, embedded hardware/software systems, communications and networking, and manufacturing.
- Experience in the transportation industry and/or with the development of complex products in safety-critical or regulated environments is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies in the EV space.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas on both the technical and business sides and at the executive and staff levels.
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex, and difficult decisions
- Dynamic and powerful attitude.
SUPER73’S PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Full-time positions
- Employee bike and apparel discounts
- Fully stocked kitchen (free snacks, drinks, and coffee)
- Stock options: We offer all employees stock options as part of our compensation package.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401K Retirement Savings Program with a highly competitive company Match
- Amazing culture and a great place to work
The salary range in CA for this role is $220,000-240,000 annually and represents the company’s good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
SUPER73 provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We're a fast growing company looking for progress-driven and forward thinking individuals that are all about shaking up industry standards. SUPER73 is proud to promote equity in all aspects of our hiring practice and company operation. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.