Technical Data Analyst
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
TraceLink is seeking an experienced data analyst who has analytical skills accompanied by interpersonal skills to provide positive experiences for internal and external customers.
Our Network Operations Team works in an innovative environment pioneering a new method of data sharing. Our team works with trade partners (suppliers and customers that electronically exchange data with the TraceLink customers) on our network to ensure data is accurately and securely exchanged between partners. This multifaceted role provides detailed reporting to both internal and external customers, educates trade partners and manages cases with the trade partner through emails and calls.
Reporting to the Manager of Network Operations, this role is responsible for curating and analysis for FDA Recalls, educating customers on the source and validity of their data and verifying large data sets for accuracy. This requires good communication skills, the ability to execute in-depth research, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute in-depth research to transform FDA datasets
- Manage workload between case workload, verifying data sets and routine tasks
- Work across cross-functional teams to resolve customer and partner issues
- Attend calls with customers and partners when they are having complex issues
- Execute analysis of customers’ master data sets when necessary
- QA data to ensure accuracy
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field required; (Computer Science or Statistical Analysis preferred)
- Experience with MS Office suite, with a strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience with XML, SAP IDOC, X12, SQL, Python is a plus
- Strong teams skills with demonstrated enthusiasm
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills when faced with new scenarios, ability to see issues though to a resolution
- Demonstrates clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable attending calls with external customers to resolve case issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; enthusiastic team-player
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Fluent in English