Vice President, Global Solution Consulting
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
The Vice President, Global Solution Consulting will be responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing all strategic pre-sales activities and outcomes that assure prospects and customers have the right technical solutions that align with TraceLink's vision, mission and strategic plans. Reporting to the Sr Vice President of Global Sales and as a key part of the revenue leadership team, this person should have a strong background in partnering with cross functional stakeholders, scaling teams, and driving revenue in a hyper-growth SaaS environment. This opportunity is located at Corporate Headquarters in Wilmington, MA.
As the TraceLink Vice President, Global Solution Consulting, you will be expected to deliver extraordinary initiative, effort and leadership to identify and develop existing business, and close new business.
- Provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products, focused in Supply Chain Management.
- Direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle.
- Direct and manage RFx team within their role of managing proposals, quality & security responses and RF responses.
- Hire, develop and mentor resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and backup team members as needed to grow regional business.
- Oversee the hiring, development and effectiveness of the regional pre-sales solutions consulting team and RFx team.
- Scale team across new/existing segments, products, and countries.
- Ensure value engineering deploy effective and accurate metrics and develop tools which are scalable and appropriate to the global SC organization and are being used and position TraceLink appropriately for growth within customers
- Drive growth of internal tools which support the solution consulting and sales organization
- Participate in account planning and strategy development.
- Work cross functionally inside TraceLink and externally to define new products, use cases and customer value.
- Communicate customer voice to Product Management, Business Management, and R&D leadership, driving product prioritization.
- Help companies transform their organizations by aligning solutions and business outcomes to strategic imperatives, building business cases, and developing value roadmaps. This includes the identification of business challenges, shaping the opportunity value and building out the compelling drivers for business transformation.
- Provide industry thought leadership, strategic solution advice and expert consultation to support customer co-innovation, and business process performance improvement programs.
- Serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company
- Partner with Business Management and Marketing to refine our unique value propositions, as well as sales approach.
- Ensure compliance with overall sales process and set appropriate metrics.
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
- 10+ years’ sales/sales management experience in comparable industries.
- 5+ years’ in a global leadership role.
- 5+ years’ SaaS software licensing experience.
- 5+ years’ value engineering expertise.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Strong coaching skills around value selling and value-based demoing.
- Presents flawlessly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desired.
- Preferred experience in Supply Chain Management Software Sales.
- Willingness to travel as needed.